Monday, June 22, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Dads

For Monday, June 22, 2009:

Outside my window. . .
. . . it is a little cloudy and breezy. The corn in the field down the road is growing nicely. My little guys were over there playing with a baby groundhog the other day.

I am thinking. . .
. . . about the hum-drum Father's Day we had. Money and time ran out before we could make gifts for anyone, and the evening plans were spoiled when I burned my hand with a splattering of hot grease.

I am thankful for. . .
. . . a husband that doesn't care that the day was uneventful and a father that probably doesn't either. Aren't undemanding family wonderful?

From the learning room. . .
. . . G and I will continue phonics lessons (he has a love/hate relationship with them), we will be building our summer reads pile today, and Teeny has stated that she wants to make a belated Father's Day card for Daddy (since she spend almost all of yesterday playing with her newly acquired American Girl doll and a trunkload of doll clothes).

From the kitchen. . .
. . . we are having cinnamon toast for breakfast, noodles and veggies for lunch, and tacos for dinner. Oh, stinker, I forgot to get refried beans! And I hope I have ground meat!

I am wearing. . .
. . . purple plaid PJ pants and a Houghton T.

I am creating. . .
. . . a list of homemade gifts I'd like to get started on in July. The kids will be brainstorming too, and we will have a "Christmas In July" celebration during which we will send out Christmas invites and schedule 6 months of gift-making. Hopefully. I think after Christmas I will begin making gifts for Mother's and Father's Days and all the birthdays.

I am going. . .
. . . to the library tonight, hopefully. We never got there last week.

I am reading. . .
. . . Cheaper By the Dozen by the Gilbreths. Oh, so cute. I'm only on the second chapter and I absolutely love, love, love it. Maybe I should read it to the kids?

I am hoping. . .
. . . to one day be a more organized woman. . . and then I'll have grandkids, right? J said last night, "Oh, (Realmomma), what are you going to do when you don't have all these kids?" "Sleep," I said. "Nope," he said, "clean!"

I am hearing. . .
. . . the hum of the attic fan and the silence of two boys sleeping and two girls playind with dolls.

Around the house. . .
. . . I am so trying to figure out how to get it all done. And by all I mean, marriage, chores, school, finding a vision for our family and nurturing and encouraging our children. I have found the following helpful/encouraging/convicting/challenging (quite a combo, huh): Useful conversations with my husband, these Standard Operating Procedures at Vision Forum Ministries, Dawn's Revamping the File Crate System, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Familes and The 8th Habit, more useful conversations with J, Write It Down, Romancing Your Child's Heart, Jennifer's wonderful tips for any stage of life, and even more good conversations with the man of the house.

One of my favorite things. . .
. . .is family.

A few plans for the rest of the week. . .
. . . a belated call to my dad and some belated Father's Day card-making today. . . library tonight. . . getting things ready to go out of town next week.

A picture thought I am sharing. . .

Stop by Peggy's to find out more about daybooking.

No comments: