Tuesday, June 16, 2009

On My Mind ~ Crying Babies

Wrinkled nose and wide-open, toothy mouth scream and cry for immediate attention. Squinted eyes and angry tears tell me that someone isn't getting their way. Frazzled hair and stomping feet let me know that this little one is a very unhappy.
I see it every day -- really, every-single-day. The angry, crying baby looking up wondering when mommy will give in. I've seen this every day for about seven years.
And I love it. To me, this is beauty.
So I pick up the sweaty, angry little mess at my feet. I wipe the tears, I kiss the forhead, I coo in the little ears, and I give a gentle squeeze to the baby that is mine -- a gift from God.
Care to share a favorite picture? Go to Heart Reflections to share what's on your mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow~ you amaze me! I could have written something similar, but I would not have used the words "I love it!" You go girl!