- Cinnamon toast with fresh fruit.
- Vanilla yogurt with granola and fresh fruit.
- SATURDAY: French toast with fresh fruit (all sprinkled with a little powdered sugar).
- SUNDAY: Donuts or something equally easy and quick and low-mess.
- Pasta with veggies and salad.
- Chef salad.
- SATURDAY: Tuna sandwiches with raw veggie sticks.
- SUNDAY: Burgers or Dogs with raw veggie sticks.
- SUNDAY: Grilled meat of choice (whatever is cheap) with salad and other fixin's.
- MONDAY: Mexican (tacos, burritos, nachos, or enchiladas) with chips and dip.
- TUESDAY: Salad night ~ Veggie salad, potatos salad, pasta salad. . .
- WEDNESDAY: Chicken Alfredo with salad.
- THURSDAY: Meatless Mexican (black bean burritos or nachos) with chips and dip.
- FRIDAY: Pizza night!
- SATURDAY: Cincinatti Chili and salad.
TEENY'S TEA PARTY
- Iced raspberry tea and lemonade
- Bite-sized PB&Js and cream cheese and jam sandwiches and veggie sticks
- Biscuits with jam or honey
- Thumb-print cookies and shortbread cookies
- Peaches and blueberries with sponge cake and coolwhip.
- Icecream cake with white cake and sprinkles and cherry ice cream.
- All meals of Teeny's choosing ~ yet to be decided.
FATHER'S DAY/FIRST DAY OF SUMMER
- BREAKFAST: Bacon, eggs, and grits.
- LUNCH: Grilled burgers and dogs.
- DINNER: Wings and veggie sticks
- DESSERT: Deep fried brownie sundaes.
THUMB PRINT COOKIES
from Paula Deen
3 sticks Butter, softened
2 Egg Yolks
3 3/4c. All-Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla
Cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks. Sift flour and salt; blend into butter mixture. Add vanilla. Chill dough thoroughly. Preheat oven to 350*F. Shape dough into 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Make indentations in center of each with thumb (I use my pointer finger for a deeper hole); fill with preserves/jam. Bake for 15min. or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove to rack to finish cooling.
from The Anne of Green Gables Treasury
1c. sifted All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 c. Milk
2 TBL Butter
1 tsp. Vanilla
Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease and flour a 9" or 10" round baking pan. In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the milk and butter until the butter melts. Keep the mixture warm until you are ready to add it to the batter. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until they are think and lemon-colored (about 3 min.). Add the sugar a little at a time while continuing to beat the eggs. Stir in the dry ingredients till just blended. Add the warm milk and butter and the vanilla. Stir into batter. Turn batter into pan and bake for 25-30 min. or till the cake bounces back when touched. Let cool completely in pan on rack. Serve iced, sugared, or topped with fruit and Cool Whip and whipped cream.
DEEP FRIED BROWNIES
Take about 1-2 cups baking mix (we use Jiffy) and mix it with enough water to make a slightly thin batter. Add a teaspoon or two of vanilla extract. Dip brownies of choice into batter and deep fry in oil heated to about 375*F.
For a sundae, top with vanilla ice cream, a bit of cheap chocolate syrup, and some Cool Whip or whipped cream. Oh so delicious.