Monday, March 16, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ St. Patty's Day Week








Daybook for March 16, 2009:



Outside my window...



It's a bit hazy so far this morning.



I am thinking...



That it is only the grace of God that is going to get me through M&M's teething. This little 10mo. old is up all through the night with her second two teeth coming in. I'm nursing her through this, but it is exhausting and there are three other kids, a husband and a home that have to be tended to. So I desperately run to God for help and strength and guidance as I go through the day.



I am thankful for...



Our church. We are a part of a church plant, and it is the most wonderful church experience I've had since . . . well the church plant that my whole family came to Christ in. There must be something in the intimacy and determination involved in a small core group. There is such trust, such accountability. It has been life-changing for me.



From the learning rooms...



We have, aside from the normal Phonics, History Reading, and Voyage of the Dawn Treader, three "special days" this week that *all* the kids are looking forward too. Okay, so mommy is looking forward to them too. I love spring.



From the kitchen...



I desperately need to bake some honey wheat bread. . . today. But, on a more exciting note, Lucky Charms and Corned Beef are making their annual appearance up in the kitchen tomorrow (not together - yuk).



I am wearing...



Pink flamingo PJ pants and my nice black sweater that I fell into bed in last night.



I am creating...



This week's library list: D'Aulaire's Greek Myths along with books with a Spring theme.



I am going...



To family game night with the school J. raises money for. Should be fun. G. is especially looking forward to it.



I am reading...



Ephesians and Genesis 1-11



Anne of the Island



What is a Family? by Edith Schaeffer



I am hoping...



That I can muster up enough time and discipline to plan myself firmly on a sofa several times this week to just read to myself and to my kids.



I am hearing...



My Andrew Peterson Pandora Radio Station.



And a cheeky little baby getting sassy with me right now. I see a rice cake in her future.



Around the house...



I've set up a new "weekly jobs" list:



Monday: Fold Laundry



Tuesday: Deep Clean Kitchen



Wednesday: Deep Vacuum and Mop



Thursday: Clean Bathrooms



Friday: Super Clean Bedrooms



Saturday: Outside Chores



One of my favorite things...



Mini Rice Cakes. They saved me from complete chaos in the check-out line yesterday and are making for a more enjoyable morning right now.



A few plans for the rest of the week:



Family Game Night tonight.



St. Patrick's Day on Tuesday complete with traditional meals, a craft, and discussing the Trinity. Oh, and a trip to the library.



St. Joseph's Day on Thursday with veggie spaghetti added to our meatless minestrone soup, a craft, and a special nature project.



First Day of Spring on Friday with Spring Tea, crafts and nature projects. . . and free water ices at Rita's!



Here is picture thought I am sharing...





St. Patrick's Day 2005, Savannah Georgia St. Patrick's Day Parade. I miss you Savannah!

Stop by Peggy's to see more fun daybooks and to participate yourself.

1 comment:

Domestically Inclined said...

I hope you find time in your schedule to enjoy that time reading on the sofa with the little ones. They grow up so fast!