Monday, March 9, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Spring Has Sprung




Daybook for March 9, 2009~

Outside my window...

A cool spring breeze blows, small tots play at the park behind us, and the sun shines brightly on the signs of plant life that are beginning to emerge.

I am thinking...

About order and beauty. Not just as it applies to housework and homemaking, but as it applies to all of life -- my relationship with God, how I care for myself, my marriage, my children. . .

I am thankful for...

Good windows that all have screens! This is the first spring that we've been in a home with windows that don't stick and jam and that are missing screens. It was truly a selling point for me, and I'm remembering now why this was so important to me.

From the learning rooms...

We are learning about nutrition (in a very low-key manner). Teeny mentioned the other day that she likes to eat a lot of fruit (and boy does she) because it's healthy. I remember this today as she was complaining about not wanting to eat her greens. I began to go through our meal and explain the health benefits of each food. She cleaned her plate. And asked for seconds of everything -- even the greens!

From the kitchen...

While my hope was to fast meat for Lent, my reality is fasting my plans for Lent. We were supposed to have guests for lunch yesterday, so I defrosted two chickens. They cancelled at the last minute; so chicken number two will be eaten tonight with some cranberry salad, mashed potatoes and gravy, and veggies. However, for the most part, we really are eating much more simply than usual.

I am wearing...

Sadly, my pajamas still. Does it make any difference that I'm wearing a nice blue cardigan rather than my super-over-sized gray sweatshirt?

I am creating...

A series of. . . goals. . . for myself based on Charlotte Mason's "I am, I can, I ought, I will." I posted the first one this morning.

I am going...

To the library tonight? I hope.

I am reading...

Genesis 1-11 in my The Renovare Spiritual Formation Bible.

Anne of the Island by L. M. Montgomery.

I am hoping...

To spend some time relaxing with Anne and the new Country Living magazine that came in the mail today.

I am hearing...

Not much of anything at the moment. An occasional footstep above in G's room. The kids are up there watching Kicking and Screaming.

Around the house...

I am assigning chores this week. G and Teeny will both be cleaning their rooms, making their beds, and picking up outside every day. G will also be clearing the table after each meal, sweeping the foyer and laundry room every day, and getting the cats food and water every day. Teeny will be picking up the half-bath, collecting trash from the bathrooms every evening, setting the table for each meal, and bringing in the mail.

One of my favorite things...

Is a well-written list. J laughed at me the other night when I told him in all seriousness and dismay that I'd gotten to everything on my to-do list for the day exept making lists. I hope there is someone else out there crazy enough to make a list of lists she needs to make.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

The library tonight?

The Feast of Purim tomorrow.

Marriage Discipleship tomorrow.

The Full Worm/Sap Moon on Wednesday.

Small Group on Thursday.

Discipleship on Sunday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



From summer08
"Let the digging for worms begin!"
Go to Peggy's to see more daybooks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to cross things off my list! Loved how your nutrition lesson turned out! :)