Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Ember Days



For Today, Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Outside my window...
are the remnants of a couple of good snow days. While I'm sad to see the snow beginning to melt away, I believe this might make for easier Lenten Ember Day nature projects.

I am thinking...
about how I need to take time to just read today.

I am thankful for...
good friends who are willing to watch all four of our kids once a week so J and I can go to marriage discipleship. It's not an easy job, they have two of their own. I'm hoping I can convince them to let us babysit for them so they can go out for a date or two sometime.

From the learning rooms...
we are celebrating the Lenten Ember Days. Today it is all about trees, Friday we'll focus on gardening, and Saturday we will hopefully explore the wonders of the wind and "go fly a kite".

From the kitchen...
we'll be having homemade bread, toasted with yogurt for breakfast; PBJs for lunch; and Veggie Chili on rice with Corn Muffins for dinner.

I am wearing...
my PJ pants, and a faded UGA sweatshirt still.

I am creating...
(hopefully) a separate blog for homeschool pictures and notes. I'm wanting to try this Tree Bud project, and would like a toddler-safe place to keep the pictures.

I am going...
(hopefully, again) to the library this evening. I've ordered some books that I needed this week, and their arrival has probably been delayed by the snow.

I am reading...
Anne of the Island by L. M. Montgomery
Uprooting Anger by Robert D. Jones (for marriage discipleship)
and
the book of Ephesians (for small group)

I am hoping...
to take it easy today; to find time to create a blog for homeschooling, but not at the cost of some needed relaxation; and to get to the library tonight.

I am hearing...
M&M playing with her oldest brother in the living room and Bud-Jack running up the stairs to join them.

Around the house...
I am attempting to implement ideas from Messies Anonymous as well as J's brilliant home-keeping ideas. His latest is, three toys, per kids, in their rooms. . . the rest of the toys in storage in the garage.

One of my favorite things...
a cup of hot Raspberry Zinger Tea. I don't often treat myself (time), but might this morning because I need to deal with this itchy throat I'm battling.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
A trip to the library as soon as ever I get the lovely call announcing that my books have arrived.
Ordering next week's books tomorrow or Friday (you can only reserve five at a time at our library, sigh).
Some garden planning on Friday.
Some kite flying in Saturday.
Guests for lunch on Sunday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Stop by Peggy's for a peak at more daybooks.

No comments: