Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Almost Finished. . . Once Again ~ Anne of Green Gables

Anne of Green Gables, quite simply, is my absolute favorite book in the whole world. I know it seems an easy choice -- most girls read it in middle school; but there is something I just love about it. It comforts me and transports me to a time and place that seem just idyllic to me. I can literally get lost in it every time I pick it up. And, it is the one book that never, at any point, has me almost avoiding picking it up. You know, some books -- even all books -- can be like that. You know the point at which there is a lull, or things begin to seem a bit monotonous? Or, like I found to be the case in Oliver Twist, you just begin to lose hope and get a bit depressed? Anne of Green Gables is the one book where, no matter how many times I've read each story, they seem to come like new, one after another. And I never lose hope. I know everything will be alright.

I'm two chapters from the end and almost sad to see it coming. But I won't indulge myself in Anne of Avonlea till I do some "deeper reading". Next up, To Kill a Mockingbird.

No comments: