Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Chocolatey Treat

Here is a recipe I found through the Make It From Scratch blog carnival -- which I subscribe to but have not yet entered myself. I digress.

These are, without a doubt, the absolutely richest, sweetest brownies that I have ever tasted in my entire life. The recipe makes a square pan, which I, out of habit, cut into nine square brownies. Whoa!!! Could have halved those babies and still gotten "sugar willies." Don't get me wrong, these babies are to-die for. But for the sake of my health, I will be reserving this treat for special days like Valentine's Day or for those totally Down-In-the-Dumps Days when nothing else will help but some Serious Chocolate.

The recipe is super easy, but here are a few tips/words of warning. I stopped baking them when I could insert a knife about an inch or two from the edge and have it come out clean. . . even though the brownies still looked undercooked to the naked eye. Hot, they were still so moist that they were literally falling apart, but they were done. And so good under some cold vanilla ice cream. Cooled, they are super chewy and very easy to handle.

So, if you are bummed, celebrating, or know a chocoholic who deserves a special treat, whip these up. Yum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you liked my brownie recipe. I created it one day when I didn't have chocolate for making brownies, only cocoa. I make them all the time and am almost always asked for the recipe.

You are quite right that the trick is to undercook them.

Kate

Erika said...

Well, they are simply wonderful. And it's great you were able to solve that problem too -- we rarely have baking chocolate, but always have cocoa powder.