On the agenda for the day:
1. A breakfast of Flap-Jack'o'Lanterns (orange pancakes with faces made from cut-up fried ham) and "Witches Brew" (green Hawaiian Punch -- a rarity around here).
2. Baking "Soul Cakes". For us, these are always just cupcakes that we frost and create faces on using Halloween candy. I'll be trying out this recipe for Pumpkin Cupcakes this year.
3. Lunch of "Ogre Fingers" (hot dogs cut in half length-wise and then down the center with a drop of ketchup or mustard at the tips for nails) and "Slugs" (macaroni and cheese) with more "Witches Brew".
4. Carving of the Jack'o'Lanterns.
5. Dinner of "Bloody Worms and Eyeballs" (spaghetti and meatballs) and *more* "Witches Brew".
6. Getting the kids dressed up -- G as a mummy, Teeny as a gypsy, and Bud-Jack as a Hobo.
8. Decorating the "Soul Cakes".
9. Eating "Soul Cakes" and candy and drinking Cider Slushies as we watch The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.
10. Trying to get three kids into bed while they are on a sugar high. Then sitting down with the kids' candy and watching last night's episode of The Office with J.