Monday, January 4, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook - A New Year!

Daybook for January 4th, 2010. . .



Outside my window... Snow on the curbs and along the sides of the driveways and walkways and a few scattered flurries are toying with my emotions.



I am thinking... About way too much. Too many ideas, too little time. I need to take a deep breath and just be present in the moment.



I am thankful for... My little 1 1/2 year old, Mary, who keeps me up at night lately. She's worth more hours of sleep than I can count.



From the learning rooms... We started back today after two weeks off. It was a glorious two weeks, but I'm excited about trying a few new things this month.



From the kitchen... We had honey nut oatmeal and juice for breakfast, Mexican black beans on noodles with cheese and sour cream and sugared grapefruit for lunch, Crispy Macaroni and Cheese with carrot sticks and apple slices for dinner.



I am wearing... Comfy gray pants and a black 3/4th sleeve t-shirt and a dark gray cardigan. . . and socks.



I am creating... The library list for the last two weeks of January for homeschool.



I am going... To sew patches on Gordon's Cub Scout shirt/kercheif this afternoon.



I am reading... A Delusion of Satan by Frances Hill.



I am hoping... To be able to use my neglected sewing machine (I've only used it once, ever.).



I am hearing... Lots of humming -- computer, fan, tv downstairs. . .



Around the house... We are a post-holiday mess. Need I say more? Working on tidying up, organizing, and prettying the foyer this week.



One of my favorite things... Pencils. If only my darling children didn't loose them and my pencili sharpeners. I love being able to make mistakes and magically make them disappear.



A few plans for the rest of the week: Library at some point, a trip to the store. . . Friday night at Jason's boss's house with other co-workers for dinner.



Here is picture for thought I am sharing...




Little Mary on her first snowy jaunt this past month.

Hop on over to Peggy's to join in the daybook fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erika - you may already know this, but I only found out AFTER I spent way too long sewing on the first few scout patches. They are supposed to be iron-on, and while the iron-on stuff isn't good for long term, it will hold the patch in place pretty nicely leaving you both hands to sew the suckers on!
Ethan is making big plans for his pine derby car - he and Gordon should compare notes!

l said...

RE: I got the almond biscotti candle at Target. I AM SO IN LOVE WITH IT!! As for the bread, I didn't have time to make it today...so honestly I'm not sure which kind I'm going to make. Our everday bread is just a whole wheat bread.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a wonderful evening!!!