Monday, August 31, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Back to School

For Monday, August 31, 2009:





Outside my window. . . it feels like the beginning of fall. I can only hope the temps will stay this wonderful for a while. We did school outside today because I just couldn't resist this beautiful weather.





I am thinking. . . about all this at various times of the day.





I am thankful for. . . only one moment of utter Bud-Jack chaos while doing school this morning.





From the Learning Rooms. . . A is for American History, native Americans, Art, Apples, and Angelina Ballerina.





From the Kitchen. . . club sandwiches with homemade chips and corn on the cob for dinner! Working on next September's menu today.





I am wearing. . . jeans! And a purple short sleeved v-neck iwth beige flowers on the front.





I am creating. . . way to much at once! I'm gonna have to schedule and pace myself.





I am going. . . to do a lot of listing today, I think.





I am reading. . . Bring Me a Unicorn by Anne Morrow Lindbergh.





I am hoping. . . for a successful homeschool year. But what does a successful homeschool year look like? I'm not so sure.





I am hearing. . . a lawnmower, some pretty bird-song, and the whispers of a Bud-Jack who is desperately trying to keep himself awake.





Around the house. . . we are about to find out what "deep clean Monday" looks like while homeschooling. Worked on the front yard this weekend. Okay, *J* worked on the frontyard this weekend.





One of my favorite things. . . the anticipation of Autumn. Oh, I can hardly wait!





A few plans for the rest of the week: I will need to make a trip to the grocery store and to the library. I think we will be going to a park a town or two over with some friends one afternoon (maybe tomorrow?). And we will be making J's Labor Day gift. . . among other things.





Here is a picture thought I am sharing:










Stop by Peggy's for more daybook fun.

No comments: