- "What am I doing wrong here?"
- "I am failing miserably at this job."
- "These children must be the worst behaved in the entire world."
- "Does anyone, a-n-y-o-n-e listen when words come out of my mouth?"
- "I should just go ahead and give up."
But then, something small and miraculous happens. I stop and watch and listen long enough to catch a glimpse of hope. I happen upon my oldest boy curled up on the sofa reading his baby sister a book. I hear my oldest daughter telling her brother to let the guest pick the movie they will watch. I stop reading aloud long enough to listen to my little guy say, "Jesus love dat guy, and Jesus love dat guy. . . and Jesus love me."
And then I know that it's all okay -- not because of anything I'm doing right -- but because of the grace of God.