Thursday, July 30, 2009

What's Your Favorite Holiday?

I took a poll at the lunch table yesterday. I was wondering what everyone's favorite holidays were.

My favorites are:
  1. Christmas (of course -- I live Christmas up big-time)
  2. Easter (including Mardi Gras and the season of Lent)
  3. Birthdays (my kids' birthdays, that is)

Gordon's were:

  1. His birthday
  2. Halloween
  3. Thanksgiving (I think the trend here is food and lots of desserts/sugar)

Teeny's were:

  1. Christmas
  2. Thanksgiving
  3. Valentine's Day (I thought that was interesting)

Bud-Jack's was:

*Hot dogs (???)

I'm crazy for holidays. I can come up with something to celebrate just about every week. And while I still think many of our holidays/traditions are important, knowing what the family's favorites are helps me to know where to expend the most time, energy, thought, and money.

No comments: