- A little moment of quiet time with God on the couch every afternoon -- just when I need it most.
- Getting to explore the great faith questions of life with my children -- and asking God for the wisdom to answer correctly.
- Knowing my husband and I have stayed married for a whole 10 years.
- Knowing just how much cream my husband likes in his coffee -- enough to make it the color of our living room walls.
- A big cozy hug from hubby.
- A big sloppy kiss for hubby.
- G's sense of humor and his contagious laugh and toothless grin.
- The time that my Teeny puts into folding her clothes and cleaning her room -- once she finally gets over her hysterics and decides to do it.
- Watching Bud-Jack run around the house pretending to be Indiana Jones -- complete with theme song.
- Clapping hands and saying, "Yay!" with M&M.
- My pantry (thanks to my husband and father-in-law for figuring out how to get it into the kitchen for me).
- Books. Even better, a good book and a cozy bed and sunny day outside an open window.
- Our sunroom and spring making a perfect match.
- A long, hot shower.
- Chocolate in the form of Sees Nuts and Chews or Ben and Jerry's Half-Baked.
- That first moment when I get to my parents house for a visit and they both give us all big hugs around the neck and I know that I was missed and that I am wanted and welcome.
- An unexpected e-mail from an old friend.
- Sharing memories with J and the kids.
- Making memories with J and the kids.
- Counting my blessings -- I should do this every day!
Friday, May 1, 2009
20 Happy Things
Melissa at The Inspired Room is hosting a giveaway. Link to a post on something beautiful and/or comment about some of your happy things in her comment box to enter. I'm taking my cue from her listing of 20 small things that make her happy. Here are mine: