Monday, March 23, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


Daybook for March 23, 2009:


Outside my window...

The sun is beginning to set. The soccer players at the park are slowly leaving to go home.


I am thinking...

About my huge need for God's grace. I'll never be able to be the person I'd/He'd like me to be without Him.


I am thankful for...

A husband who loves me enough to take all four kids to the library by himself so I can have a much needed break.


From the learning rooms...

We are taking the week off! But the learning continues just the same. Where there is a curious child, there is learning.


From the kitchen...

We just finished a meal of black bean burritoes. I place a couple spoonfulls of rice down the center, sprinkle with lime juice and salt and fresh cilantro. Place a generous portion of shredded cheese on top. Top with a couple spoonfulls of blackbeans seasoned with taco seasoning. Spread some sour cream along the side; roll and seal.


I am wearing...

Black knit pants and a white longsleeved tee under a green T-shirt from the camp J used to work at.


I am creating...

Keepsake notebooks for each of the kids. I decided to go with three ring binders and platic pocket page protectors. I'll write brief notes on paper and stuff it in the pockets along with drawings, momentos. . .

I am going...

Nowhere.

I am reading...

Genesis 1-11

Anne of the Island

What Is a Family?

I am hoping...

To get one more blog post written and some reading in before J gets back with the kids.


I am hearing...

Silence.


Around the house...

I have managed to get most of the house in order and myself on a daily housekeeping routine. This week I work on adding in the weekly chores. Today was to deep clean "The S".


One of my favorite things...

Cheap nacho cheese and Dr. Pepper. Mmmm. That sounds so good.


A few plans for the rest of the week:

Tuesday: Put away laundry. Spot deep clean the rest of the house.

Wednesday: Clean the Family Room. Family worship planning for April.

Thursday: Clean the upstairs bathroom. Clean and comb Teeny's dolls' hair and fix her broken doll house furniture. Small group.

Friday: Deep clean the bedrooms. Take the kids to the park and have a picnic.

Saturday: ?

Sunday: 5th Sunday dessert and planning meeting for church plant.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...




'Cause she's just so darn cute.

Stop by Peggy's for more daybook fun.

No comments: