Monday, March 30, 2009

~*~ A Simple Woman's Daybook -- Looking Back 10 Years ~*~


Daybook for Monday, March 30, 2009:

Outside my window...
All the wet from yesterday's hail storm is slowly dissipating.

I am thinking...
About how ten years ago today I was madly getting ready for a wedding. I worked at a wonderful Christian maternity home and all the expectant mommies and staff and my mom and her friends were helping to make, buy, and set up *everything*. We had the wedding at the home in the yard under a flowering tree of some sort. The girls baked and decorated the wedding cake and put together my simple bouquet of roses. They also helped me tie up little sacks of birdseed and fill plastic eggs. The staff bought my simple wedding dress. One of the staff and her family got the yard ready. My mom and her friends made all the food and set up their "banquet" in the back yard. Even my soon-to-be mother-in-law sewed and cross stitched the ring bearers pillow. My young cousins were my only attendants. A church friend provided all the music via guitar. It was a beautiful experience marred only by the yucky Savannah, Georgia biting gnats.

I am thankful for...
My wonderful husband, of course. It has been quite an exciting 10 years, but I wouldn't go back and do any of it differently. J has been a wonderful provider and protector. He's incredibly thoughtful and romantic. And he is an *outstanding* father. People had their doubts ten years ago, but he has surprised and pleased everyone. I'm so thankful God brought us together because I can't imagine navigating this busy, confusing, sometimes difficult life with anyone else. He reminds me that life is fun and exciting and worth living.

From the learning rooms...
We're back, but only for the week. Find the plans for the week over at Wonderland Academy. Learning is also taking place in the yard as groundhogs, birds, mallard ducks, snakes, toads, salamanders, and muskrats (to name a few) continue to emerge after the long winter.

From the kitchen...
Probably our last week of meatless meals as I am not going to thrust that upon my family while on vacation.

I am wearing...
Purple plaid PJ pants and a black baby-doll 3/4 sleeve shirt.

I am creating...
A list of "Simple Dos" for April. To be posted on Wednesday.

I am going...
To the library tonight. To the Outer Banks this weekend!!!

I am reading...
Finishing up Genesis 1-11. Will be starting the remainder of Genesis on Wednesday.
Finished Anne of the Island over the weekend. Will be beginning a Poirot mystery tonight when I get back from the library.
What Is a Family by Edith Schaeffer

I am hoping...
For a wonderful family vacation down on the Outer Banks. Praying for decent weather, good health, relaxation, and great memories.

I am hearing...
Three of the four children "play fighting" -- even M&M.

Around the house...
There always seems to be a lot of picking up and cleaning to do come Monday. I have to get the house back in order today and ready for the week and for packing. I guess I better get kicking on some laundry!

One of my favorite things...
My husband and children and home. It is nice to belong to someone, let alone to five someones. And, it is nice to belong somewhere.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday:
Library Day

Tuesday:
Possible "play date"

Wednesday:
ApRiL FoOlS DaY!

Thursday:
Possible "play date" if Tuesday doesn't pan out.

Friday:
10th ANNIVERSARY!!!
Leave for the Outer Banks. Meet up for dinner with a friend from the Children's Home we used to work at.

Saturday:
Arrive at the beach house and settle in for a week of relaxation.

Sunday:
Palm Sunday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



Stop by Peggy's for more daybook fun!

2 comments:

Ce said...

Congrats on 10 years! Your wedding day sounded lovely (minus the gnats, of course!:)). Isn't it wonderful to travel through life's ups and downs with the mate God sent just for you?!

Enjoy your vacation -- I'm quite jealous. :)

Erika said...

Thankyou.