Tuesday, March 31, 2009

**Books that Carried Me into Spring**

Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis: Read with G. Nothing like the movie. . . Well, maybe a wee bit like the movie. I liked the book better. . . usually do.

Anne of the Island by L. M. Montgomery: Wonderful as always. But it dawned on me how neat it would have been if the Anne series (movie/TV) had included her years at Redmond and Patty's Place. Anyway, the best part of the book is the evolution of Anne's relationship with Gilbert. Great ending.

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie: Pretty good. I liked that I figured out "who dunnit" pretty early on; but that same fact also disappointed me a bit. Definitely ranked high on the creepy-crawlies-when-the-guilty-party-comes-to-light scale. Isn't that eeriest part of a mystery?

Current reads: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C. S. Lewis (with G), What Is a Family? by Edith Schaeffer, Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie, and The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis. . . Should I bring along one more on vacation. . . just in case?

No comments: