Friday, August 29, 2008

With Love

"Let all that you do be done with love."
~1 Corinthians 16:14


M&M was awake while I did my Bible meditation time the other day. I decided to hold and cuddle her while I read my Bible out loud. The verse I landed on to ponder was 1 Corinthians 16:14, and it was made all the more meaningful thanks to the little cuddly bundle of pink I had curled up on my lap. She gazed happily into my eyes and smiled widely as I read aloud, "Let all that you do be done with love." Yes, everything I do in this home should exhude love. Everything from wiping dirty bottoms, to cleaning dirty dishes, to making bread, to waking up in the middle of the night to feed babies or reblanket cold daughters or help out wet sons or listen to recountings of scary dreams. It's hard to do these things that cost me the most energy, peace, and health with love; but that is what I'm called to do. My children should not see me make exasperated faces or hear me let out heavy sighs as I do the dreaded tasks. Rather they should know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I actually want to do the dirty work *because*I*love*them*.

No comments: